116 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rich251
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it possible to only show certain fields to certain users?

For instance, if someone is logged in and has an email that ends in @whatever.com, we can mark that field only visible to those users.

Any other suggestions would be welcomed!

2 Replies 2

1. Airtable does not allow you to automatically show/hide FIELDS based on a logged-in user, but you can show/hide RECORDS based on a logged-in user.

2. A fantastic workaround for this is that you can give certain users access to only certain interfaces, and then you can MANUALLY hide the fields on those particular interfaces.

3. For truly AUTOMATIC showing/hiding of fields based on certain users, you would need to pay extra money for this feature by using Noloco's advanced interfaces for Airtable.

I give a brief demo of Noloco on this Airtable podcast episode. And I gave an entire one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable. The CEO of Noloco gave a demonstration of his product on this BuiltOnAir podcast episode.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll have to go the route of making alternate interfaces. Noloco and similar solutions won't work for us since we my have 2500+ users internally.