Help

Re: How show an interface without airtable account?

Solved
Jump to Solution
1356 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi, I'm playing with the interfaces and I have a question. Is there any way I can share an interface with a person that hasn't an Airtable account?

I don't want to add them as collaborators, because they should see only that interface (not the base) and I don't want to ask them to create an Airtable account just to see my interface. My final goal is sharing the interface link with an automation through email. 

Is there any way? Thank you!

40 Replies 40

Hi Andrew. Can you send some suggestions or is that frowned upon inside the Airtable forum? 

JV-TRP
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Agree - Andrew I would love if you can share some options. If Airtable is making this impossible, we need to develop work-arounds on our own. For the $$ I pay for Airtable, I shouldn’t need to also be McGuyver…. But here we are.

Happy to!

I’m not a pro at this though. Just so you know. 

Glide is excellent. www.glideapps.com. Apps are really responsive and it’s lovely to work in. Great UI and an incredibly helpful forum. Integration with Airtable is good - but has a few quirks 

Noloco is another excellent offering. Better integration with Airtable but I don’t feel it’s as good for mobile apps. But I think if it’s desktop only - you’ve got more options. Their support via a Slack group is excellent. You tend to get an answer within an hour or so. I suspect they have a smaller user base. 

Both of those are excellent but check pricing. 

Then there is Softr. Better for pretty apps selling stuff (I only do apps to serve a purpose. 

they all have a backend so you don’t have to use Airtable. I would ditch Airtable if I didn’t have so much stuff in there already. 

just my thoughts - 

hope it helps!

Andrew

However, you can't download a PDF version of every interface type. Which is obnoxious, because the ones it won't download are the ones that are more formatted than you're able to do in a regular base.

katie2
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

JeremyK
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'd give anything for this. As others have said, this makes no sense to generate an interface and then not allow others to use it. It's very confusing.

mirkolando
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I thought you could share interfaces with everyone. What's the point if you can't share it with people outside of Airtable? This is really frustrating!

LaurieKeys
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes PLEASE allow interface to be used with non-Airtable users. I spent so much time building mine, and I can't even share it with the group it was intended for.

dianar22

Having the same issue! We have so many different clients who don't want to have to setup an account just to view the interface. I thought that was the entire point of the interface? lol 

1000% agree. This is what I thought the entire point of interface was