Help

How to avoid Interface users from viewing Base data?

Topic Labels: Admin Collaboration Data
1039 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idodan
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi friends,

I built a pretty robust Interface app for 4 types of users. I applied permissions so the Interface shows only records that are relevant to the current logged in user only. However, I can't get rid of the option for the users to view the Base data (they have the "View Data" option when clicking on the upper left icon in the Interface suite.

This jeopardizes my whole Interface app, as users being able to see other users data is a business show stopper.

Please advise!

4 Replies 4
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

what permission did you give the users when you created the share.  Here is what I see when I have shared an interface with someone as Editor.Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 7.52.06 AM.pngScreenshot 2024-02-20 at 7.53.43 AM.png

If you users have creator level access on your workspace, the base inherits those permissions.

Is the Interface in a workspace that's on a paid plan?

On a paid plan, this is what it looks like when sharing an Interface:

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.29.06 AM.png

And this is how it looks on a free plan:

Screenshot 2024-02-21 at 11.28.39 AM.png
Sharing an interface without giving access to a base is a paid feature I'm afraid

idodan

This is not the issue at all. The thing is, I need to have different users SEE only records that are linked to them. FOr example: Realestate agents should never see properties which are not theirs. For that, I applued user fields and populated them with the relevant agents. Then, in Interface, I use Curretn user filters that.check the user fields in the Base data.

So I must invite the collaborators to the Base data 😞

Is there another way to implement permission and privacy without populating the users in the user fields in t the Base data?

here is how I filter in the Interface:
Screenshot 2024-02-22 at 0.29.47.png

For what it's worth, I just did this:
1. Created an interface
2. Invited another user to it with read-only access to the Interface, without giving them access to the base

And I was able to add them to a "User" field even though they didn't have access to the base, and so your workflow should work fine, really