Help

Re: Interface chart colors: choosing "Use colors from base" w linked field causes chart to

826 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
choldgraf
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have an interface chart that displays bar data grouped by a "Linked Records" field. In the table where these records exist, I have color-coded entries in this field (it is a "Single Select" dropdown). Here are some things that I've noticed:

• (doesn't work) In the interface, if I group by this linked field, and choose "Use colors from base", then the data in the graph disappears (the axes remain, but there are no bars displayed, no elements in the legend). This is my main problem.
  • (works) If I choose a "manual AirTable colormap", the bar graph shows up.
  • (works) If I choose a non-linked Single Select field that also has custom colors, then the bar graph shows up with the appropriately colored lines.
  • (works) If I make a bar graph from the records in the *original* table and use the same field, but now the original (non-linked) version, then the colors also show up appropriately.

Can somebody explain what is going on?

2 Replies 2
Adi_Menayang
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi choldgraf.

This happened to my team's interfaces this week, so I hope it is a temporary issue. 

As originally designed, the interface we have displayed state (location) of respondents to our form:

• Field type was Linked Record to a table where each State was a row
  • In this table of States, there is a single select field that represented the region of that State (Midwest, Northeast, etc.)
  • The interface was displaying a pie-chart of respondents by a Lookup Field of the single-select field for regions, with the color scheme "Use colors from base". It was showing okay for the last 2 months but on Monday this week they looked like how you described -- blank but the axes remained.

I'm sorry if this doesn't answer your question! Just wanted to share because I wasn't sure if you were asking this because you weren't sure if bullet one should work or not (in this case, yes it's supposed to work the way you want it but this week it stopped working that way), or if you know it used to work and suddenly it stopped working (which is my case, so I'm sorry if this post is redundant!). Hopefully Airtable resolves this soon.

Yes it used to work for me as well but suddenly stopped working. Maybe it's a bug in that case? Is there a better place to report bugs?