cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cvoith
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for moving elements around more smoothly? At the moment when I try to move record elements in grids they rearrange everything in ways I wasn't intending.

For example: I have a section on my interface for Important Links that are pulled from different fields that I want to lay out in a particular way. And when moving them into positions from this : 
00_at1.PNG

To attempting to get all the elements aligned it does this:
00_at2.PNG

Does anyone now of a way to maybe lock locations of elements or grid or something to just make moving things around smoother?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Use blank text elements to determine the structure of the 'grid' you're looking for and add your field elements where you want them. Then, if needed, delete the blank text elements.

I'm pretty sure building-by-elements is going away soon, so I wouldn't spend too much time learning how exactly to manipulate them. They're finnicky.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Use blank text elements to determine the structure of the 'grid' you're looking for and add your field elements where you want them. Then, if needed, delete the blank text elements.

I'm pretty sure building-by-elements is going away soon, so I wouldn't spend too much time learning how exactly to manipulate them. They're finnicky.

Oh man! I hope they don't go away!! That's why we use AT! Everyone needs different views!

Joseph_Roza
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I was concerned at first, too, but I'm optimistic. The new system has some kinks to iron out, but the addition of mobile interfaces makes it a pretty stellar change.