cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marc_Weldon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all

I have an interface which allows users to add new rows, using the 'Record review' interface layout and the + button form at the top of the list of records on the left.

I have a simple linked field, linking to a company table. Why doesn't it display any data from the company table as it does in some grid views when linking data? 

The linked field has the code as a primary field, but it has extra fields such as name and type etc, that would be really useful for the user to see which company they are linking to. This seems like a bug?

Marc_Weldon_0-1695717588671.png

any suggestions?

thanks

2 Replies 2
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, Airtable designed their forms with that limitation. You should definitely send an email to support@airtable.com to request that they change this behavior.

In the meantime, there are only 2 known workarounds for this issue:

1. Make your primary field (in the linked table) a formula field that combines all the fields that you would ever want to see on the form.

2. Use Fillout's advanced forms for Airtable. Fillout is 100% free, it natively communicates with Airtable in real time, and gives dozens of advanced features that are all Airtable-specific. This is one of those wonderful features that Fillout provides.

palio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Marc_Weldon did you get any update from support on that? I am just curious as I have the same case