2702 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andrey_Kovalev
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I tried using interface designer and it is a very cool feature. One thing I would suggest to have is a sharing the interface like a view. For example, I would like to share particular interface in read only mode and do not want the user to be able to go and see all contents of the base. Currently, if I give read-only permissions the user can go and see all tables in the base.

82 Replies 82
Balint_Pataki
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Really need this. Actually, now need to consider not using Airtable unless I find a workaround to collect input from clients.

Nik_von_Pueckle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 want to share my interface with externals without them seeing the data!

Josh_Brown

This option is now available per the new Connected Apps announcement. That being said, still no info on if you have to pay for collaborators on Interface-Only view

@Josh_Brown I have just found this long-awaited feature! Thanks to the community Airtable team finally did it! It seems to be working fine - no access to the base. Now I must check if read-only collaborator costs additionally.

Read-only shouldn’t cost more. I will be testing this out soon tho. I did test adding comment collaborators and that does affect billing. Very, unfortunate as this would have made for a perfect customer portal, but not possible with the crazy additional cost for adding seats for customers.

I just tested this on my Pro Plan. If you invite a “Read only” collaborator to an Interface there is no additional billing/charges to your account. Per my previous reply, however, if you invite as a “Commenter” or “Editor” it will add the invitee as a paid collaborator to your account :confused:

Yep, I’ve tested too. As for commenters/editors, it was expected to be paid. Anyway, free read-only has already been a big deal. At least I do not need to search for an alternative dashboard solution.

Nik_von_Pueckle
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I can’t see the option of only sharing read-only interface and not base? How does one do this?

Is your base part of a Pro or Enterprise workspace? This feature is not available in free and plus workspaces.

Hi - yes we have a Pro account.