cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I'm wanting to move from Trello to Airtable Kanban, but I have a few questions as I'm setting it up:

1) I wanted to make the Primary Key Field to be my Task Name, however, if I do that then I am unable to *EDIT* the Task Name within the Kanban Interface. That's a bummer because I don't want to have to go back to the Table/Data view just to edit a card's title. Since that didn't work I tried #2 below:

2) Just using "Autonumber" for my Primary Key Field, with the hope of hiding my Primary Key Field on the Card View and making the Task Name column the header on my Kanban Cards... but, when I'm customizing the way my "cards" display in the Interface Designer, it appears that I cannot remove the Primary Key Field from displaying... so I either have to have a meaningless number as the header, or an Task Name that's uneditable from the interface.

How can I:

1. Keep Autonumber from displaying on my Kanban Cards,
  2. Use Task Name as the header for cards, and
  3. Be able to edit the Task Name within the interface?

There may be other workarounds people have found, which I'd be glad to hear as well. Hoping to get a basic Airtable Kanban Interface with Kanban Cards that have 1) Task Name (Short Text, editable), and 2) Description (Long Text, editable).

TIA!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hmm, could you tell me more about the editing of the name of the task within the Kanban Interface?  I'm able to do it via allowing users to click into record details, and so I think I don't fully understand what you're experiencing

Screen Recording 2023-04-10 at 11.47.19 PM.gif

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hmm, could you tell me more about the editing of the name of the task within the Kanban Interface?  I'm able to do it via allowing users to click into record details, and so I think I don't fully understand what you're experiencing

Screen Recording 2023-04-10 at 11.47.19 PM.gif

M_L
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @TheTimeSavingCo

Thank you for your response. After watching your screenshot doing exactly what I was trying to do, I decided to just create a new table and delete my old one. I can now edit the task like your screenshot. I'm not sure what the issue was but thank you for helping me see that YES, I should be able to do this, and it looks like Airtable does let me do it by default. I must've broken the last table somehow.

Thanks so much.