647 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julie_Nevin
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm trying to fix a field that should show 'outstanding requests'. This displays information from a linked record field which has the setting 'limit selection to a view'. 

Julie_Nevin_1-1677273325561.png

This view filters out completed/archived requests, leaving only those that are current.

Julie_Nevin_2-1677273404973.png

However, both in the in the field and in the interface that draws from the field, all the completed/archived requests still show (as well as the outstanding ones).  

Julie_Nevin_0-1677273288717.png

Other linked record fields that draw from a filtered view work fine (e.g. 'current development'). I can't figure out what's going on. Does anyone have any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I believe the "Limit record selection to view" functionality only applies to when you're selecting records to add to the linked field and has no effect on records that are already linked

If you'd like to only display data from linked records that meet a certain condition you can check out conditional lookups and rollups?

See Solution in Thread

1 Reply 1
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I believe the "Limit record selection to view" functionality only applies to when you're selecting records to add to the linked field and has no effect on records that are already linked

If you'd like to only display data from linked records that meet a certain condition you can check out conditional lookups and rollups?