437 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarnabyMarshall
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I've been struggling with this for an hour and I'm hoping someone might be able to help.

I have a Timeline Interface that displays a series of tasks, and I want my users to be able to edit the task fields - changing the assignee or the status for instance. I would either like to be able to add additional fields here to the initial small modal that appears when you click a task:

grab1.jpg

Or, I would like to make the fields in the sidesheet editable. Based on what it says on this documentation page that should be possible, i.e. 

• Click into record details - This setting allows end users to expand a record to see more details. You can choose to show the details as a Sidesheet or a Full-screen. Once enabled, creators can design record detail pages showing specific fields — in any orientation to their end users. Additionally, individual fields can be set to be View-only or Editable

grab2.jpg

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @BarnabyMarshall

To update the preview box to make certain fields editable try the following steps: 

When editing your interface you want to update visible fields in the preview, which is found under the Appearance section in the interface, you can toggle on which fields you'd like in the preview by clicking on the cog. 

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 3.04.49 PM.png

AirOps_1-1700258911042.png

In order to make these fields editable. You need to navigate to the "User actions" section of the edit panel and toggle on "Edit records inline".

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 3.09.38 PM.png

After publishing your changes, you should notice when you click on a task in your timeline that all the fields you toggled on in the preview are editable. 

AirOps_2-1700259156477.png

I hope this helps!

Chantal

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

In your edit mode, click your "Priority" field. YOu should find the option there. You'll have to enable it for each field you want editable.

Sistema_Aotearo_0-1700259179246.png

AirOps
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @BarnabyMarshall

To update the preview box to make certain fields editable try the following steps: 

When editing your interface you want to update visible fields in the preview, which is found under the Appearance section in the interface, you can toggle on which fields you'd like in the preview by clicking on the cog. 

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 3.04.49 PM.png

AirOps_1-1700258911042.png

In order to make these fields editable. You need to navigate to the "User actions" section of the edit panel and toggle on "Edit records inline".

Screenshot 2023-11-17 at 3.09.38 PM.png

After publishing your changes, you should notice when you click on a task in your timeline that all the fields you toggled on in the preview are editable. 

AirOps_2-1700259156477.png

I hope this helps!

Chantal

BarnabyMarshall
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Many thanks Chantel, not sure how I missed that! 

Appreciate the help,

Barnaby