556 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sistema_Aotearo
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I'm trying to build a system where users can copy a Roll Up/Look Up field of phone numbers directly from their phone. This field often has up to 20+ phone numbers.

My current solution is to set up a pre-filled form that is accessible via mobile, in which the user will be able to highlight the pre-filled text within a single line text (pre-filled with the look-up field data). From here, users will be able to copy the data. It's a bit clunky.

With the introduction of Interfaces on Mobile, I was hoping to build an interface that I could simply display the Roll Up field. However, on mobile, these fields are a bit difficult to copy out. It's still easier to use the Pre-Filled Form where users can "select all" text.

Ideally, there would be a button to just copy text or a better way to display the Look Up/Roll Up fields in a way that's easily selectable to be copied. If anyone has a better suggestion for me rather than using a useless form that would be amazing!

2 Replies 2
Sho
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

One idea is to send it to an email.
"<a href="tel:xxx">xxx</a>" would also allow for click to call.

The markdown on Airtable does not allow "tel:", but it does in the email.

Sistema_Aotearo
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks Sho. I think I'm able to do click-to-call from my phone on individual numbers. However, sending the field data directly to my phone isn't a bad idea. I'll have to play with this concept a bit.

I'm actually just trying to copy all the numbers and paste them into my SMS field on my phone. Just to send a group text to people scheduled for an event.

My reasoning for the Pre-Filled Form is because of the quirks of trying to copy text from a phone. Unless in an editable text box, the option to "Select All Text" doesn't exist. It'll require me to drag the highlighted zones.