Help

Need Interface help: Creating Contact/Org Entry interface for our CRM... but...

Topic Labels: Interface Designer
824 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GrahamW
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Having a hard time making it that when Entering a new contact, they can also add a new organization. 

I should note...

• Contacts and Orgs are on two separate Tables. 
  • Interface is 'contact' centric -- ie, it's viewing the contacts table. I've figured out how to allow users to create a new contact, but within that contact, I can't seem to Add a new org. 
  • No idea where this 'contact form' template has come from -- there isn't a corresponding form on my data
    GrahamW_0-1689616827304.png
  • and within the customize button, I see no means with which to permit 'adding a new org'

Please tell me this is an option 🤞🤞🤞

4 Replies 4
CJSmith
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @GrahamW, you don't happen to have records renamed as "Contacts" within the contacts tab, do you? I think this might just be an option for interface users to create new records, which is why there's no correlated form in the table. 

The primary field is contact name. I don't have any other records named Contacts

GrahamW_0-1689685165517.png

After that... not sure I am following you tbh 😞 

Hi @GrahamW, all good! When you go to create a new record, does it say "Create new record" or "Create new contact"?

GrahamW
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

(thanks for holding my hand on this one, CJ) 

Definitely just 'Contact' (pics below)  Will note that the table itself is entitled 'Contacts' and the Primary Field is 'Contact Name' 

No idea where 'Contact' is coming from, but Im guessing you know exactly where....? If I am putting my brain to work, maybe I need to create a form, name it, and then that will appear in the dropdown options on my interface? 

GrahamW_1-1689773287658.png

GrahamW_2-1689773311024.png