Help

Re: Possible to add an Element to a non-Dashboard layout type?

Solved
Jump to Solution
499 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dianag
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I've put together a few Interface pages that I'm very happy with. Dashboard pages allow you to add various elements together in the same page, but for any other page type this option disappears.

Is it possible to add an element to, for instance, a List page?

My use case is to add critical information/instructions at the top of the page, or a button to submit feedback specifically on that page. I would simply put my List in a Dashboard page, however doing that removes the ability to use filter tabs, which I need. (Yes, I'm aware of the ability to filter lists in a different way in the Dashboard, but I specifically need the tabs, and the option to "Collapse all by default"...neither of which are available in the List element in Dashboard pages.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not currently possible.

One paid workaround is to use Noloco, which gives the ability to create more advanced & more customizable interfaces for Airtable — but it is an external app that costs extra money.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, that is not currently possible.

One paid workaround is to use Noloco, which gives the ability to create more advanced & more customizable interfaces for Airtable — but it is an external app that costs extra money.

Unfortunate but thanks for confirming. Noloco may be worth exploring down the road as I set up more advanced Interfaces, so thanks for the suggestion.

You're welcome! I've really deep-dived into Noloco over the last few months, so here are some good resources for you:

I give a brief tutorial of Noloco on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

And I also presented a full one-hour webinar on Noloco called Building a Client Portal on Noloco powered by Airtable.

p.s. In the future, if you go down this path and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld