631 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JPom
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am creating an interface for my team. I want to allow them to choose between a gallery and a grid to view the information. However, the "Allow users to switch visualizations" toggle is not there, and I can't seem to find a setting that would have made it disappear. Is this a bug or is there some other reason why the toggle option is not available?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JPom

I believe I've identified the problem. It appears the visualization toggle only appears if you choose one of the following layouts:

• List
  • Gallery
  • Kanban
  • Calendar
  • Timeline

It does not appear if you choose one of these layouts:

• Dashboard
  • Form
  • Record Review
  • Record Summary
  • Blank

I hope in the future the visualization toggle becomes an option in these layouts. Not sure if anyone from Airtable will see this.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
JPom

I believe I've identified the problem. It appears the visualization toggle only appears if you choose one of the following layouts:

• List
  • Gallery
  • Kanban
  • Calendar
  • Timeline

It does not appear if you choose one of these layouts:

• Dashboard
  • Form
  • Record Review
  • Record Summary
  • Blank

I hope in the future the visualization toggle becomes an option in these layouts. Not sure if anyone from Airtable will see this.

Airtable refers to these as "table layouts" in their docs: https://support.airtable.com/docs/getting-started-with-airtable-interface-designer#basic-setup-of-ta...

Also see the "Visualization picker and toggle" section under "Configuration layout settings" menu item regarding the toggle.

+1 for this being a strange design choice. Users should be able to achieve any pre-made templates from the blank page starting option to reduce confusion as much as possible.. especially when looking at docs/asking for help/learning where things are and not knowing these nuances.

Also side-note, the collapsible sections in the docs make finding things quickly with "ctrl/cmd+f" or googling specific text using quotes only to find it's hidden behind a collapsed section a real pain...