360 7
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ruchika_Abbi1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

 I see that Interface forms have validation for dates. Question is how to set it up? 

I would like to set up the start date to be 14 days from today, but the Range limit doesn't allow dynamic settings. What does this Range limit help with then?

7 Replies 7

I've used it to prevent users from picking a date before today on a leave tracking form!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

All of this is possible — and much much more — with Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

Check out the screenshot below.

Everything in Fillout can be dynamically & conditionally set based on field values, calculations that you create, previous values that a user has typed in, custom REGEX functions, values from other form submissions, and so much more.

Fillout offers hundreds of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records with a form, the ability to dynamically and conditionally set linked record fields based on any values that you want, the ability to display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, the ability to perform math or other live calculations on your forms, the ability to accept payments on forms, the ability to have multi-page forms with conditional paths, the ability to create new linked records on a form, visually displaying as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachment fields), limiting the number of linked records that can be chosen, uploading an unlimited amount of attachments at the same time, and much more.

p.s. If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

IMG_0334.jpeg

That can be set using the Current date, but what if you want to say Start date should not be till 2 days from now?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Ruchika_Abbi1 , check out my post above. You can't do that in Airtable, but you can do it in Fillout.

@ScottWorld I was trying to understand more on how the range for date can be used. Doesn't look like you can set dynamic dates on it yet.  I've used Fillout so am aware of the features, but don't have the option to use it for this client.

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

If your requirement is 14 days from the day the form was filled out, why not remove the field from the form, use an automation (or a formula) to populate the start date?

The requirement is that startdate as to be at least 14 days from now.. but it can be more than 14 days. I need it to be editable but with a dynamic validation. Looks like this Range feature is not really completed for Dates yet