2848 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sandrine_Coosem
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I can’t find this request yet, which surprises me.

I LOVE interfaces for sharing complicated data with not-so-tech-savvy clients. They love the interface as well. However, they often end up on the “backend” and break stuff anyway.

I’d love to find a way to give people access to the interface, but not (or read-only) to the actual base.

13 Replies 13
Nicole_Hawkesf1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Upvote from me for this request. I would love to use interface to share a dashboard view of certain data which I can embed or provide a private link to for clients to view, but I absolutely do not want to invite them to be collaborators on the base which is currently the only option for sharing.

Street_ops
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Another up upvote from me. Embedding Interfaces into a website would be extremely useful. In my use case we’d be able to allow clients to see live updates on each of their projects in a more user-friendly interface than just a filtered records view.

Mariane_Marketi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

it’s an upvote from me too! I would love to share interfaces to keep the team up to date, but that’s all that needs sharing - the interface makes it much easier to communicate and the data clearer without me having to train the entire team across all departments and different workplaces pm how to use airtable.

Bill_Christo

The topic at the following link would achieve the underlying goal that you are after:
Interface sharing option suggestion - Ask the community / Interface Designer - Airtable Community Fo...

Actually this request topic is different than the one Bill_Christo shared. The link you shared was simply asking to be able to share an interface like a view. This ask it to be able to share an interface with edit access, Without allowing access to the base. This would allow non-tech savvy individuals to interact with the data but Not have access to the base.

Nate_Bartlett
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’ve read that this feature is on the roadmap for 2022, but it would be nice to get some input from Airtable as to the status. I would love to share an interface with freelancers which would provide them only the information that they need to complete the task without them seeing all of the data in the base or even the full record.

Jay_Data

Any updates on this?

Not that I know of unfortunately.

Tristan_Scifo
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d love to have tis too. We pay close to $500pm to Stackr to get access to this functionality. It’s costly and clunky. Why not just have airtable do it?

Dismal_Reindeer

Take my vote. This feature is needed so I can keep my team out of the mess they don’t need to see :slightly_smiling_face:

Jess_Databases
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 for this feature! Will be so valuable for our partners!

Ann_Yeom
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 on this as well!!

Arnaud_Pichon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature !!!