cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FaH
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi

you’ve got those great Extensions (made by Airtable) like Chart Extension and Pivot Extension but in the Interface Designer, making Bar Charts for example has substantially less options.
For example, there is no option to group by to get such a chart:

https://cdn.airtable.document360.io/d0ee2ee4-3f78-47c7-b388-85e40be9fb89/Images/Documentation/Screen...

Are there any thoughts on bringing the most popular/most used Extension applications also to the Interface soon? It is actually quite annoying to create a Dashboard in the Interface perfectly knowing, that a better, more insightful Dashboard remains hidden inside the actual Base.

Thanks!

19 Replies 19
Christophe_RENA

Well, I just designed a page with Page Designer extension. Similarily I found very disappointing that it cannot be accessed from the interface (unless someone gives me the way to do that). So I design an interface for the users, and then I use available tools to make reporting. Just to find that the users cannot access this tool. This is ridiculous.

Airtable you need to develop a whole system, not just bits of a system.

Matthew_Carrano
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Still waiting for this. Interfaces are almost useless as dashboards at the moment!!

They also need to improve pivot tables so that there is row grouping...

sgrass

Waiting for this as well!

JavierGO
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Waiting for it too.

Dashboards without the possibility of adding pivot tables or basic aggregate calculations (eg. ratio between two fields) make interface rather useless in my case...

crv19
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

SO NEEDED. Had to create a "pivot table" manually, and can't even use it in charts. Interface could be SO amazing but is still needing many things (as basic as being able to upload static images to customize visually the interface)

Static images would be huge. 

Lillian_Lin

+1 to pivot tables in interfaces!

vcgptpurs

This would be huge!

Alvaro_Hernande
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Amazing! Thank you Airtable. Finnaly we have the pivot tables inside the interfaces! Great news!

Unfortunately, you can't create sub groups with the pivot tables and the other charting capabilities are also quite limited still.

Airtable loves half-baked solutions it seems.