cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Konrad_Schafers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,

I have a button that translates my article information using deepl. So the button is connected to an automation. I would like to re-use that button in another interface, but when I duplicate the page, I need to create a new automation. Can we not connect two buttons to the same automation?

Cheers,

Konrad

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Correct. Currently each interface button element that calls an interface must have its own automation. 

A workaround is to trigger the automation based on a data change, such as setting a hidden single select. You can then have different update record button elements that change the single select, which triggers the automation. You loose the toast that says the automation is started, but the automation will run just the same. You will also need to adjust the automation to reset the hidden single select’s value. 

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Correct. Currently each interface button element that calls an interface must have its own automation. 

A workaround is to trigger the automation based on a data change, such as setting a hidden single select. You can then have different update record button elements that change the single select, which triggers the automation. You loose the toast that says the automation is started, but the automation will run just the same. You will also need to adjust the automation to reset the hidden single select’s value. 

Konrad_Schafers
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Okay will do that. Don't understand that limitation to be honest. The button simply passes the current record. Rather than attaching the button to interfaces buttons should be attached to tables...