cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicx
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer
Hi,

I'm new to airtable, I've created an invoice generator in Airtable interfaces, however I am struggling to figure out how to make it editable. I would be so thankful if someone could help me out.
I have a catering company, my client invoices are updated 4-5 times throughout the project pipeline. Here is what I am trying to achieve:
  1. A new invoice is created & Linked to client project (this is complete)
  2. After the first invoice is created, allow the user to open the most recent invoice > create a new invoice from the exiting one > edit/ update the new invoice > submit new invoice > tag as "most recent version"
What I cannot figure out:
How to create a new invoice from the existing one
How to tag the invoice as "most recent version" to make it easy for the user to identify which version is the most recent

I tried creating button that runs an automation to duplicate the previous invoice but it's not working.

I would be so thankful if someone could offer me a bit of guidance! Thank you!
2 Replies 2
MelloJello
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

MelloJello_0-1709060516600.png

MelloJello_1-1709060538812.png

MelloJello_2-1709060602410.png

Hmm, what issues did you face setting up your automation?  Here's a setup that works for your reference:

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 10.48.09 AM.png
===
To solve the problem of knowing which is the latest invoice, perhaps you could create a 'Created time' field and sort by descending on that field in your interface? 

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 10.49.26 AM.png

Link to base