cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ninjaben53
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi all,

I feel like this question may have a very easy solution, however I have been unsuccessful with my attempts so far. Basically, I have created three interfaces with one or two pages in each. I want to share a couple of my interfaces with some of my team members, and the other interface with my other team members. I am struggling to understand how to accomplish this, such that they do not have access to the other's interfaces.

In the sharing options, it gives me the option to share to individual bases via link, however when I test the link i can click back and open the other interfaces (I also tried with another account I can access to test it and the same result happened) I am sure I am missing something. And if there isn't a solution, a work around where I only get one page/interface is acceptable.

Thank you,

Ben

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable has a guide on how to share interfaces specifically that you can find here!

See Solution in Thread

7 Replies 7

Sharing in Airtable can be very confusing.

Once you give base access to someone, they will have access to all of your interfaces, and you cannot restrict them from seeing any of the interfaces.

If you want someone to only see certain interfaces, then you must completely remove their base access, and then invite them to individual interfaces.

Interesting ok. So I have a table in my base that has an account field that filters certain records I want team members to view in the interface. Is there a resolution to this?

Yes, make sure they don't have base access (or workspace access), and then filter your interface pages based on that field. Then, invite them to your interfaces.

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable has a guide on how to share interfaces specifically that you can find here!

ninjaben53
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Ah so it seems like I can only give specific access with a business plan or higher? Thats a bummer. Ok thank you guys.

No, that is not correct. Team plan or higher.

Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

If your interfaces are the same, you can do this with a single interface by using record collaborators (users).  Create a field called "viewers" and add the users/users email to the viewers field for the records you want them to be able to view.  Then in your interface, add a filter that says "viewer is current user".  If you don't want them to see all records you need to remove them from the base as @ScottWorld mentioned.