540 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kelsey-
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi all - I've noticed a new issue in interfaces. When I add a text element, it does not expand to show multiple lines of text. In the screenshots below, see that I've added a text element containing a bulleted list with two lines. They both appear when I'm clicked into the text box (although the blue box only surrounds the first line), but as soon as I click out of the text box the second line disappears. I cannot find a way to resize it. Didn't the resizing used to happen automatically as more lines were added?

Kelsey_0-1698673815907.png

Kelsey_1-1698673838846.png

I feel like this has just started happening recently. Has anyone else noticed this issue?

Thanks,

Kelsey

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I believe this is because you've placed the text element in the "Header". From my testing, it actually seems to be a feature and not a bug haha. Hovering over the text will reveal the full text. I think this is just the constraints of the header's size.

My workaround for this was to make each line as a new text element. On my testing, I found that I could only fit lines (text elements) on top of each other.

However, if it's not vital that this text is in the header, then I'd recommend having the text at the top of the page, just underneath the header instead. Here, all the text should fit. 🙂

Let me know if this helps.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Sistema_Aotearo
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I believe this is because you've placed the text element in the "Header". From my testing, it actually seems to be a feature and not a bug haha. Hovering over the text will reveal the full text. I think this is just the constraints of the header's size.

My workaround for this was to make each line as a new text element. On my testing, I found that I could only fit lines (text elements) on top of each other.

However, if it's not vital that this text is in the header, then I'd recommend having the text at the top of the page, just underneath the header instead. Here, all the text should fit. 🙂

Let me know if this helps.

Kelsey-

Brilliant, thank you!