Help

Re: User defined dynamic filter for shared link - (application: product finder)

Solved
Jump to Solution
477 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jerry_Argyriou
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Context.  End user tool to help filter many products to a manageable few, filtered by users' selected constraints.  They can then drill into detail (data sheet attachment column) and ideally, select a subset of filtered products to get more info on.   
Single table. ~400 products. 8-10 attributes any of which may or may not be selected/filter-constrained by user. 

*Dynamic filter:  from https://support.airtable.com/docs/shared-view-url-filters  I figured out how to collate filters   (  ..airtable form URL....?filter_sensitivity=presence&filter_colour=silver&filter_mount=wall

Current thinking (please guide/correct me):
1)  Customer (on mobile) clicks through to form  (imagine 10 drop down (attribute) boxes, appropriately labelled)

2) Submit/Find button generates dynamic URL from user selection which filters shared grid view *(above)
A)  My understanding is Airtable is unable to generate dynamic URL from a form submit button   (I'd prefer not to use miniExtensions just for this....  google forms?  alternative form?)

3) Product subset (filtered grid view link) already looks great and image of (attachment) data sheet displays well, and drills into pdf nicely...this bit is "showtime ready"...  HOWEVER
B)  I'd like to have the potential customer 'edit' a checkbox to select a *final* subset of products.  Final /manual selection / editing is an issue to overcome.  Showstopper for Airtable? 

4) Was looking at embedding above  shared link into another form (Google?) so there are 2 buttons:   [1] call support  [2] request more info ,  though the user-checkbox issue above remains unresolved.

While this feels like a simple requirement and I'd prefer not to have to use yet another product, it seems like Airtable is not the right product for this?  Alternatives?  (I can export data and *not* use Airtable for this point solution)  miniExtensions?  Stacker?  Google? other?   @Hannah_Wiginton   (Hannah just found your post on On2Air forms, which I'll look into now)

Thanks in advance
Regards

Jerry

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, this is not available in Airtable.

However, you can get this feature with these 2 external products:

1. Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

2. Noloco’s portals and interfaces for Airtable.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Unfortunately, this is not available in Airtable.

However, you can get this feature with these 2 external products:

1. Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable.

2. Noloco’s portals and interfaces for Airtable.

Jerry_Argyriou

Fillout solved my needs 90%+  so good enough.    Cheers. 

While more powerful than anything else I found, in my instance, we have 10+ parameters only a few of which would apply in any given situation.  Ideally, the conditional filter should be composed ONLY of selections.  Currently with Fillout, I need to have EVERY attribute/filter-variable set to some default, else the filter fails on NULL values (non-selections) as it doesn't match the underlying data, so returns no matches.   Not ideal, yet workable. 

Pulled the pin early on Noloco as I saw info (not sure if correct) that they are more B2B with user/seat licensing where my solution needed B2C where there is no knowledge of user, with potentially thousands of target users. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

That’s great to hear!

Be sure to send your feedback to Fillout! They’re very responsive.

And you are correct — Noloco is more for B2B.