1876 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yaron_Avramov
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Since the forms layout in the interface is so limited (no ability to add new records in a linked table, no options for lists, grids, etc...), I'm basically using the record details layout as a form for new records entry. 
The problem is that the solution isn't very elegant. My users have to add a record to a list, and then open the blank record to get into the details. 

Any idea how to implement a page that would act as a record details form without getting there from a list or grid?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Yaron_Avramov

Thanks, I've managed to do what I wanted using a button and a link to the record.

It's an awkward workaround, but for the users it works flawlessly and they don't see the awkwardness.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

As you mentioned, forms are relatively limited in Airtable.

Everyone will have their own personal approach to solving this dilemma, so hopefully other people will chime in below with their own experiences and opinions.

For me personally, I typically turn to external form apps that are infinitely more advanced than Airtable, and then I send the form submission data into Airtable from there.

Currently, the 3 most advanced form tools for Airtable are:

1.  Fillout, which natively communicates with Airtable in real time, and handles all the addition of new records in linked tables for you.
  2. JotForm, which has options for lists & grids, and can send the data to Airtable using Make’s JotForm integrations.
  3. Cognito Forms, which offers unlimited line items, and can send the data to Airtable using Make’s Cognito Forms integrations.
Yaron_Avramov

Thanks, I've managed to do what I wanted using a button and a link to the record.

It's an awkward workaround, but for the users it works flawlessly and they don't see the awkwardness.