2710 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Leslie_Burke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello: I'm wondering if anyone has figured out any clever ways to get what's in an extension onto an interface. We have a couple custom-built extensions that we'd like to display on interfaces so we can leverage the interface permissions. Right now, we have to open up our entire base to someone in order for them to view the extension. Any ideas on workarounds or how you may have managed to display extension data on an interface. Below is a screenshot of what one extension looks like. Screen Shot 2023-02-03 at 12.17.30 PM.png

3 Replies 3

Currently it is not possible to include an extension in an interface. 

If you do not mind sharing the data used as inputs to your custom extension, you could sync only the necessary data to a different base. Install the custom extension in the synced base and give users access to that base. 

It is a bit clunky and updates can take a while to pass through the system. However, it does let you control visibility. 

Leslie_Burke
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you @kuovonne for that suggestion. While it's not an ideal scenario, it does accomplish what I was hoping to do. Thanks!

opsCTRL
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One work-around I've come up with is to link a button to the extension URL link when it is open. It requires the extra step of the person having to select the correct record they were on in the interface view, but it is better than nothing.