1735 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olivia_Schlicht
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Looking for help with creating customizable multipage PDF reports from our Airtable data!

Currently we’re using Google Docs to create a report, each with it’s own master header, with a varying amount (2-50) of cues (records), each cue needing it’s own group header and each having it’s own set of specific data (10-20 columns). Usually they run anywhere from 2-10 pages long. Our recipients need it in this format. We’d love to have it be aesthetically easy to read, with customizable color coding.

Printing as PDF directly from Airtable isn’t working due to formatting, grid spacing, longer descriptions getting cut off, and inadequate headers. Page Designer isn’t working due to only having 1 record per page (even 2 doesn’t work if I “halve” the printing dimensions) - for context, sometimes 1 project (report) has 8-20 episodes, and each episode has 1-30 cues, and each cue can have 2-8 songs… that is a ton of range, so a set dimension for each record just causes excessive blank space, like in the case where there’s only 2.

Since we’re a small company, monthly subscriptions to pricey report-creating software is not ideal. But really open to any solutions that could get us away from copying and pasting all this data from Airtable to Google Sheets!

11 Replies 11
PageMonk
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Do you have a screenshot or pdf of what you are trying to build ?

Have not found out how to build this on my own yet. I understand I may need to use some third party app(s) for 1) automation and 2) PDF generation. See below for basic redacted example (sometimes there’s more fields/columns across (10-20) and 2-10 pages long)
Simple Screenshot of Report Goal