1618 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michael_Fleisch
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m part of a newly started film distribution company operating in Denmark, Norway and Sweden.
I need to establish a platform to share film information (Meta data), distribution plans, marketing plans, and communication - internal (staff, management and filmproducers and external (partners, institutions etc)
I believe that the datebase will be the unique film meta data on which the processes, will originates from.
There will be some 15-20 film titles / year and probably 75-100 when the database reach its peak.
I need some with experience building a similar database and as a start can give some input and maybe help me building the platform.
Michael Fleischer

15 Replies 15
ron_w
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello @Michael_Fleischer

Hope you are doing well!

I can help you with your requirement please check PM

BR
Ron

seth_cis
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

PM Sent.

Please check.

Regards!
Seth

Welcome to the community, @Michael_Fleischer!

I’d love to setup a Zoom videochat with you to discuss more about your needs.

I lived in Los Angeles for 22 years, where I created many professional databases for the entertainment industry.

I am a professional Airtable consultant, a Registered Integromat Partner, and a Certified FileMaker Developer.

You can learn more about me at scottworld.com. Please feel free to contact me there, and we can setup a meeting!

Best,
Scott

Hi @Michael_Fleischer and , and welcome to the community!

I’m not available for a project like this but it sure sounds like fun. And having worked at Manex Visual Effects on MI-1 and 2 and the Matrix, this brings back fond memories and one is scale.

Data management in TBs was unheard of in the 90s and while my work on LapLink in the previous decade introduced me to GBs at operational scale, nothing prepared me for the film industry and especially the content produced by a 3-second bullet-time sequence. We had a saying -

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon.

This funny one-liner emerged as we shipped the Sydney dailies of the Matrix from Oakland to Los Angeles. This was pre-broadband, of course. :winking_face:

I like your use of the term “meta” because that’s about all you can use Airtable for. Whoever you decide to hire, make sure you guide them to embrace video and imagery artefacts by reference, not by value unless it’s really tiny snippets as attachments.

That said, I have had great success with video and video analytics in Airtable as long as the architecture is well planned.

Please tell us about your solution when you’ve finished it and best of luck!

Stackrie

Hi Michael,

I’m a Business Solutions Architect and my team at Stackrie.co specializes in Airtable and other tools. We’d love to help you with building a database for your film distribution company. Here’s my calendar so we can chat more about what you’re trying to build.

If you’d like to learn more about our work at Stackrie, please check out our website.

Looking forward to hearing from you,
Enoma

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Michael,

I hope you’re having a great day, I can certainly help you with this!

I’d be happy to discuss some ideas with you over a Zoom Screen-Share session, as well as getting a better understanding of how the Airtable will be an asset to your team and business. As a full time freelancer based in the U.S., I am very familiar with Airtable, Web Design, Zapier / Automations, Digital marketing and other online software.

Once we’ve discussed your vision and goals, I can then provide you an accurate price and timeframe to get the project started!

Schedule a free phone consultation via this link: www.wisedesign.co/schedule

To learn a little more about myself, please visit my website: www.wisedesign.co

If you’d like to connect with me on LinkedIn, please do so here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eckline/

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Eric Kline

Hi Eric,

Thanks for reaching out

For the time being I’m just trying to understand if Airtabel is the right tool and platform to use for our ambitions.
I haven’t got that much experience working with an online workflow and relations based platform, and building one from scratch is a complete new thing for me.

But for now, I think Airtable is the best solution / alternative, but I need to explore the possibilities and limitation before I actually start building a database or hiring people.
If you have any examples, similar solution or comparable databases you know of please let me now.

A little bit down the road, and if Airtable is the right solution for us, I’ll be happy discuss the possibility of using use you / your services. I’ll need to build the database.

We could arrange a zoom session if you thinks I would get me closer to under the full scope of Airtbale

All the best

Michael

Hi @Michael_Fleischer , just sent you a direct message.

SergioCodes
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi @Michael_Fleischer

I´ve more than a year working with a film distribution company operating in the US; I´ve built a base with around 1k titles with processes like:

• Uploading to youtube, Vimeo, FTP & sftp
  • Integrating financial information from and to Quickbooks.
  • Metadata for the titles, including casts, labels, ad breaks, language, etceterá.
  • A syncing process with dropbox to get the public asset links for assets like thumbnails, feature and trailer videos, captions…
  • Distribution workflows for different clients.
  • Now working in building a VOD and Live TV Channel

So you may see I´m an expert in building this for you.

Also, I´m an Upwork top-rated plus consultant (freelancing marketplace):

• 100% Job Success
  • Upwork - Top Rated Plus (Top 3%)
  • 5 Star Rates
  • Expert in Airtable / Zapier / Process and Development

To show you what can I do, here you have some links so you can see my work:

• If you want to find complete information about my work (cover letter, how to work with me, availability, portfolio), please visit the following link

Feel free to schedule a free introduction call at Introduction Meeting . I would be glad to talk about your project.

Best
Sergio

Hi Sergio

Thanks and sorry for the late answer

I am still trying to get an overview of the possibilities with Airtable and therefore a detailed requirements specification has not yet been prepared.

Over the next approx. 36 months I have to enter into distribution agreements for 75-100 unique feature films that come from 40-50 different producers across the Nordic countries.

(I have made a simple flowchart of the needed / expected information flow I expect each film to go through during the period our company has to distribute the film)

I use Pipedrive as a my CRM system but only for registration not for the sales part and Trello is something I might use but really have started up yet)

I suppose Airtable can handle this for each individual movie but I’m unsure if the system can handle +75 movies across the different stake- and rights-holders without necessarily having access to each other’s information. Eg. a film producer may only have access to his own film, a cross-promotion partner can only have access to one specific film etc, while the company still have access to all films across the different views and timelines.

I’ll be happy to have an on-line meeting and discuss the possibilities and then decide what to do.

Best regards

M

(Attachment Informationsflow.pdf is missing)

Hi @Michael_Fleischer,

Thanks for your answer; yes, it´s possible to have that scenario; the advantage with Airtable is that I can adapt it to fulfill your needed process.

In this scenario, we may use “Airtable Sync.”

¿How Airtable Sync Works_

The image above shows a general representation of what is Airtable Sync; we can create a broad master base for your team and create shared bases with filtered information for the different stakeholders with only the required information.

My work method is an iterative process, where we start with the MVP “Minimum Viable Process” with the most crucial process for your company, and we start building on top of that.

That´s why my rate is hourly based; you would stop whenever you are comfortable with the results.

72% of my clients become long-term relationships.

We can start building together so you can be ready for every growth step of the company.

I would be glad to talk in detail; Please schedule in the following link Introduction Meeting

And let me know if you came up with any other comment or question
Best
Sergio
@chechedotmx | DevBlocks Agency

Thanks –

Like to schedule at meeting – however – first avial dates are April 1st and 2nd (easter holiday here in DK) April 8th and 9th on which I’m traveling and do not know my schedule at the moment

Could we find a date before April 15th ?

All the best

M

Yes of course, I´ve just sent you a DM with my email :thumbs_up:

Cherry_Yang2
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi @Michael_Fleischer,

I’m an Airtable consultant and have built databases for various clients. I’d love to speak with you over a Zoom call. You can schedule a time with me here: Calendly - Cherry Yang

Here’s my website if you want to know more about my work. https://www.airopsconsulting.org/

Look forward to connecting with you and have a great rest of your day!

Best,
Cherry

Sofia_CIS
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello @Michael_Fleischer

I would love to assist you with your requirement .
Please reach me on my personal mail or skype to discuss further.

Best Regards,
Sofia
Email: sofia [at] cisinlabs [dot] com