Help

Re: Using Airtable as a contact/registration management system for a tutoring center

868 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Begun
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,

I am currently in the process of moving our tutoring center away from spreadsheets. The first endeavor is setting up our contacts in Airtable. Right now I have student information in one table and parent information in another table and am attempting to link them together. The problem is that many parents and students from different families share the same first and last names. I have ID numbers that both the parents and the students share so linking them together should be easier, but I am having trouble creating a one-to-many link so that one family entry can be linked to multiple students from the student information table.

I may also look for some assistance expanding our record-keeping in Airtable. Currently most of our student data is in various spreadsheets and I am hoping to consolidate that in Airtable. Thanks very much.

– Jason

7 Replies 7

Hi @Jason_Begun,

Welcome to Airtable Community! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

Since the parent and the student share the same ID, in order to link them the best way would be to have the ID as the primary field in one of the tables, link that to both the student and the parent. But I would recommend that you have both in the same table better.

If you want to discuss your requirements more, feel free to contact me on mohamedswellam@hotmail.com

BR,
Mo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Jason,

I’ve done something similar recently for another client. I’d be happy to discuss some ideas with you, as well as getting a better understanding of how the Airtable will be an asset to your team and business. As a full time freelancer based in the U.S., I am very familiar with Airtable, Web Design, Zapier / Automations, Digital marketing and other online software.

Once we’ve discussed your vision and goals, I can then provide you an accurate price and timeframe to get the project started!

Schedule a free phone consultation via this link: www.wisedesign.co/schedule

To learn a little more about myself, please visit my website: www.wisedesign.co

If you’d like to connect with me on LinkedIn, please do so here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/eckline/

I look forward to hearing from you!

Best,

Eric

SergioCodes
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hey @Jason_Begun

An Upwork top-rated consultant here:

• 100% Job Success
  • Upwork - Top Rated
  • 5 Star Rates
  • Expert in Airtable / Zapier / Google Apps Script

I recently worked with a school creating the whole database (and automations) for students and family members. The key here is the identification field, and I built the next structure for them.

• Students
  • Parents
  • Family

I also created the following tables: classes, years, tuitions, donations, summer camps, teacher reports, and many other things.

Just to show you what can I do, here you have some links so you can see my work:

Feel free to schedule a free introduction call at https://calendly.com/chechedotmx/introduction

I would be glad to talk about your project.

Best
Sergio

Jennifer_j
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I can help. Please check PM.

Thanks,
Jennifer J

Brenkoh
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hi Jason,

I sent you a direct message on Airtable. Do take a look.

Cheers!

Andrew_Johnson1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Hi Jason,
This should be possible to implement.
Feel free to hit me up on andrewjohnson56782@gmail.com to fix a time for a meeting as I would be happy to get on a call with you to discuss some of my ideas.
Best Wishes,
Andrew