cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deepthi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

I have a field which is multiple select in the airtable, and for one record there are 119 selections to be made. Is there a way to load them in go, than adding every single option under multiple select for that particular record. thanks

3 Replies 3
ProsperSpark
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi Deepthi,

Here is what I would recommend.   

If you've got a multi-select field in Airtable and you're tired of manually adding each option one by one, here's a quick and easy trick.

1. Copy and Paste: Copy the list of options you have, whether it's from Word, Excel, or any other source.

2. Paste into Airtable: Paste those values right into your multi-select column. Now, Airtable will ask if you want to expand the table. Go ahead and say yes.

3. Dropdown Delight: Voila! Your dropdown list now boasts all 119 options. How cool is that?

4. Clean Up Time: You can now do a little cleanup – delete the 119 rows or records that popped up during your copy-paste extravaganza.

Hope I hit the bullseye with your question! 🎯 If not, no worries! Feel free reach out with a reply or any questions. Here is how you can get in touch: prosperspark.com

Take care!

Deepthi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,

Thanks for the response, I tried it.  119 options got added to the list by follwoing the steps.

Still I have to select the 119 options for that particular record by hitting add button each time.

Deepthi_0-1701498198299.png

a short morning mind exercise, with this  little script as a result  
You should just adjust Table name in code, Run, and choose field / record.

let table=base.getTable('Table1')
let field=await input.fieldAsync('pick multiselect field',table)
let record=await input.recordAsync('Choose record',table)
if(field.type!='multipleSelects') throw new Error('Field must be MultiSelect')
let allItems=field.options.choices.map(choice=>({name:choice.name}))
if(record) await table.updateRecordAsync(record.id,{[field.name]:allItems})