Help

Re: Airtable automatically deleting attachments uploaded via Integromat from Google Drive

1019 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nikhil
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This has been discussed multiple times without one fortified solution. Thus, I must request help again - a file from Google Drive is being uploaded to Airtable via Integromat, but Airtable is automatically deleting the file after it is uploaded (the preview of the file is not proper either for the few seconds it is there)

There is nothing wrong with the process as it worked twice, with the files getting properly attached. Without any change, the problem reappears, and I do not have a solution.

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I would double-check to make sure you’ve got this setup properly in Make's Airtable automations and integrations.

You need to use Google Drive’s “Get A Share Link” module to get the public-accessible version of the file, and then map “Web Content Link” in the Airtable module.

See screenshots below:

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 8.00.46 AM

Screen Shot 2021-05-14 at 8.01.03 AM

Thank you for your response. I did the same in the sequence and looking at the output bundle, the File URL does properly download the file.

Also, this worked once, didn’t the next few times, worked again once, and the same problem has re-emerged.

Have dropped in a line to Customer Support as well.

Maybe reach out to Make Tech Support on this as well… they might be able to troubleshoot for you!

(Also, if you need to hire a consultant to dive into this for you, feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com)

claimdepot
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'm having the same issue with an automation that was working as expected for months. Today, without any changes to the automation, Airtable is automatically deleting the attachments. @Nikhil did you ever find a solution?

The attachment must be at a publicly-accessible URL, and it must be a URL of the file itself (not a webpage wrapper that contains the file).