745 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Steve_Edberg
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My organization has been slowly integrating Airtable into our tool portfolio, and as the bases become more critical and more complex, I don’t see a great way of developing/auditing/version control for bases. Data snapshots and exports can serve to backup the data, but it doesn’t appear that schemas/formulas/relationships are preserved. I’m looking for any ideas to put Airtable development/deployment more on a par with conventional software development, to wit:

• How do people handle development/acceptance test/production, or do people do that at all? It seems that the only way to do that is simply to duplicate bases and name them appropriately (eg; Mybase_DEV, MyBase_UAT, etc.)
  • Is there any way to audit formula/relationship/schema/script/automation changes?
  • Is there a way to build any kind of development pipeline with automated tests and the ability to fork/revert changes?
2 Replies 2

Welcome to the community, @Steve_Edberg!

The tools that you’re looking for do not exist within Airtable.

The best you’ll be able to find are these great 3rd-party tools from On2Air:

Labbielsen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agriculture is an industry that can greatly benefit from automation. One of the areas where software for agriculture can make a significant impact is in the management of livestock. As a result Livestock management software can assist farmers in maintaining detailed records of their animals, as including information on feeding schedules, health status, and breeding history. It's important to keep in mind that Airtable can also play a role in streamlining these processes by centralizing data, automating entry, and providing real-time notifications based on trends and criteria.