1060 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qoob
5 - Automation Enthusiast

My goal is to use Airtable to manage orders of materials. The idea is to invite people in charge of the orders as full users in the paid plan, and create a shareable link to a form which could be used by others in our org to order materials - therefore they need the ability to create records through a form only.

The people making orders do not need or want to use airtable - they just need a channel through which to make orders. They would be using these forms only very occasionally, like once a month or similar. Also the group of people is large, up to tens of different people with occasional needs.

The people managing the orders would be active users of Airtable.

Is it possible to use Airtable in this way or would we be billed for every single person who has access to the form? Obviously we don't want to pay hundreds of dollars per month for the ability to interact with Airtable forms every now and then.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bazfilmer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You won’t be billed for the users of shared links/forms. If everyone will be in the same email domain(s) you can also limit the shared view to people with a given email, which makes it effectively as though they have to log in to view, even though they won’t be a “true” user. Also - view only users to a base are not considered billable users either. So you could only add them to your base as view-only if you had a reason to do that so they could view orders etc.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
bazfilmer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

You won’t be billed for the users of shared links/forms. If everyone will be in the same email domain(s) you can also limit the shared view to people with a given email, which makes it effectively as though they have to log in to view, even though they won’t be a “true” user. Also - view only users to a base are not considered billable users either. So you could only add them to your base as view-only if you had a reason to do that so they could view orders etc.

qoob

Thanks for confirming - I was using the Interface designer forms and for this I think I would be billed. For regular forms (Base > Table > Form view) your approach works. I wonder why forms made with the interface designer don't have the same rules

bailofhey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have this exact same use case, too @qoob  The form designer in interfaces is so much nicer and you can provide more/better looking instructions. From what I've researched, read-only in interfaces are free. However, editing data costs a license. I've been rooting around online trying to see if "editing data in interfaces" includes submitting a form. I'm guessing it does. 😞 Bummer.