1294 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMar
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am creating an application using an AirTable form. We are asking applicants to rank their availability preference for five single select choices. Since there is no ranked choice voting option available on AirTable currently, my workaround is to create five single select fields (questions in the form) with the same answers in each drop down. It's a little cumbersome.

The functionality I'd like is, for each descending selection, the choice(s) made previously to be removed from the list (Ex: If Monday at 5pm was the #1 choice, then I'd like that choice to be removed from the 2nd choice question and so on). This would make it more user-friendly and avoid duplicate days/times being selected.

I've a feeling this isn't possible quite yet but, if anyone has a workaround or better option for ranked choice voting in AirTable forms, please let me know. Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can only do that with a linked record field, not a single-select field. Airtable will automatically prevent them from choosing any items from the linked record field that have already been chosen. Also, you will need to use just one linked record field (instead of 5 different fields).

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can only do that with a linked record field, not a single-select field. Airtable will automatically prevent them from choosing any items from the linked record field that have already been chosen. Also, you will need to use just one linked record field (instead of 5 different fields).

JMar

Hi @ScottWorld,

As a follow-up, I think you're solution is only for avoiding multiple users choosing the same day/time. I actually want each user to rank each day/time for themselves in their own application, but want to remove each selection after they've chosen (so that don't duplicate a response). I'm uncertain how using a linked record would allow that, but let me know if I'm missing something. Thanks!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

As far as I know, you wouldn't be able to do that natively with Airtable's forms.

You might be able to do that with Fillout, which is the only advanced form software that communicates natively with Airtable, but you'd have to ask their support team about that.

Alternatively, you could see what features JotForm or Cognito Forms offer. Those 2 form apps are incredibly advanced with tons of features that you can't find in other form apps, but they don't natively communicate with Airtable. So, you would have to collect your form responses over there, and then automatically send the responses from there to Airtable using Make.

Maybe somebody else will have better ideas for you below!