cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackpharaoh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

our issue that we dont have laptops we use Ipad in our company

now the print function on the PDF generator Extension is working fine on Safari but it is not working at all on any other browser noting that we are using airtable web version on those applications and non of them seem to work "chrome, DuckDuckgo,Brave, Firefox, Opera "

1 Reply 1

You can load the desktop version of Airtable in your Safari web browser by following these instructions:
https://www.guidingtech.com/how-to-request-desktop-site-on-safari-on-iphone-and-ipad/

There is also a similar option in Chrome to request desktop versions of websites as well.

However, the much better long-term solution would be to turn to external tools to create your PDF files for you, and you can completely automate the process of creating PDFs without depending on being able to load an Airtable extension that creates PDF files.

You can just click on a button or a link in your Airtable base, and your PDF will be automatically generated and placed back into an attachment field for you, or emailed to someone, or stored on a cloud drive, or whatever you want to do with the PDF file.

Here are a few options:

1. One of the most popular PDF creation tools for Airtable is DocuMint. This can be automated natively or by using Make’s DocuMint automations

2. Another popular tool is Docs Automator, which integrates with Google Docs.

3. However, you can choose ANY document creation app that you would like, and automate the PDF creation process by using Make.

You can use good old fashioned Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, or even newer apps like Formstack Documents or PDF Monkey.

Make supports over 1,600 apps natively, and it also supports all other apps that have a REST API with its HTTP module.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld