Help

Any way to add a button to a form, say "Add Participants" that when clicked would present two input fields (name,email)?

Topic Labels: Views
1187 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jacinta_Gallant
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Basically I want to have some method for a user of my form to add one or more participants and for that info to be placed into a single column. They sign up for a course, and indicate number of participants. Then should be required to provide the name, email of each participant. Is that possible without creating form that has a long list of inputs? I was expecting I could add a button, “Add Participant” that would present two input fields (name,email). User completes, and clicks “Add Participant” for each additional participant. THen when they submit that data is stored, comma delimited into a single column called “participants”… is this too advanced? Some way to achieve?

1 Reply 1

Welcome to the community, @Jacinta_Gallant!

This sort of form functionality is not possible using Airtable’s native functions. You could potentially hack something together with multiple different forms, but it would be complicated, prone to user error, and then you would have to create an automation which would piece together the courses & participants that were submitted through the different forms.

However, you could do everything that you want to do very easily with just ONE FORM by using MiniExtensions (see link below).

MiniExtensions costs an extra $40 per month, but it’s definitely worth it. Many of my Airtable consulting clients are using MiniExtensions for exactly these purposes.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you set this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.