Help

Re: API and Tokens ...that's all greek to me!

430 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
underdog
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone! Just a simple question (so simple that the bot did not manage to answer to it) from a real dummy. I just use Airtable to store personal data (no shared base, no third apps use): will the API keys deprecating affect the availability of my datas? Will it prevent me from sign in into my bases? Thanks a lot to anyone who will solve my douts. 

3 Replies 3

No, you don’t need to worry about this. You would use an API key or personal access token for 3rd-party apps to communicate with Airtable, such as Make

underdog
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks a lot! you've just saved my mental health!!! 😅😅😅

joannsalomon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Don't worry, your data should still be safe and accessible in your Airtable bases even after the deprecation of API keys. Company data API  keys are primarily used for programmatic access to Airtable's data, and they don't affect your ability to sign in and access your bases through the Airtable user interface.

API keys are being deprecated as a security measure to enhance the overall security of Airtable. They are being replaced with more secure methods of authentication, such as Personal Access Tokens. However, this change primarily impacts developers and third-party applications that use the Airtable API, rather than regular users like yourself who access their data through the Airtable website or app.