cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoaoCampos
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

The question may be simple or have an obvious solution, but I am struggling with this and can't solve it. Here goes:

I need help in assigning values (in €) to different companies in different projects. Let's say this is kind of a portfolio approach to a company's project.

On sheet 1: I have a Project List with a lookup column to a partner list (on sheet 2).

On sheet 2: I have a Partner List with indication on which projects they are participating.

I would like to assign, on sheet 1, an indication of each partners assigned project value (€), and have that reflected (separately and total value) on sheet 2.

One project can have multiple partners, and the same partner can be in several projects.

Do you have a solution for this? Or is there a formula for this?

Thanks in advance,

J.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Joao, if each Partner's value can be different for each Project, then I think what you've created with the 3rd table is the correct way to go about it!

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

Hi Joao, assuming both sheets are linked, you could get the separate assigned project value into sheet 2 via a lookup field, and the total value via a rollup field with the formula `SUM(values)` I believe

Hi Adam, thank you for your reply.

Yes, both sheets are linked. However, I don't think I can enter separate values for multiple projects in the same cell. The structure at the moment is like this:

Sheet 1:

Project A, with defined total value, and a cell containing.

• Partner 1 
  • Partner 2
  • Partner 3

Sheet 2:

Partner 1, with 1 cell containing:

• Project A
  • Project B

I was trying to get, for each Project, the budget share for each Partner. And then have a total across all Projects.

Hmm, okay.  I'm having a hard time following how your base is set up and what your desired output is

I've created an example below, could you tell me whether this looks right?  If it does, could you tell me what fields you would want, in which table, and the exact values of each field?

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 7.37.53 PM.png

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 7.37.47 PM.png

If it doesn't look right, could you share some screenshots of your base with example data, as well as mention what fields you'd like created and the exact desired output in said fields?

Once I know exactly what you want based off of the example data I'll be much better equipped to help

Thanks!

Hi Adam, that is practically what I have. In your example, I would like to know:

• Project A: What are Greg and Bob share of the total value. (Same across all projects)
  • Picking Greg, what are his values in each project + the total of all projects he is involved in. (For example if I open his "card" I can see his contribution across all projects.)

Please see screenshots with how I set it up.

I think, I might found a solution (don't actually know if it the best way to do it). I created a 3rd sheet where I select in 1 column the Partner, on another the project and on a 3rd the value they have in the project. (Shared a screenshot as well)

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 11.47.06.pngScreenshot 2022-12-07 at 11.46.42.pngScreenshot 2022-12-07 at 11.46.05.png

Hi Joao, if each Partner's value can be different for each Project, then I think what you've created with the 3rd table is the correct way to go about it!

Thanks Adam! All the best!