8090 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
isaiahmiller97
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We use QR codes and print labels using the QR codes.  However, Make cannot access the QR code anymore due to the URL's no longer working.  This happened once last week, and then was resolved.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

We rely on the QR code URL and this is breaking down our entire business functionality since we can't process any new items until this is resolved.

I click the URL and see 'The link you're trying to visit is not available. Please visit our support center for more information.'

17 Replies 17

Links expire after 2 hours when accessed externally. You will need to store your QR codes somewhere else after you use the link through an API tool like Make.

I've regenerated the links multiple times, and tested it on new records, and it happens the same way.  It's worked reliably for the past 2 months of time, and now last week this occurred, then resolved itself, and then occurred again last evening.

How does any of that make any sense, if they expire after 2 hours?

I just added a photo as an attachment, the link changed, and still the same error.

ICT
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Having the same issue, attachments were converted to URL into "https://dl.airtable ecc..."

Now that link doesn't work anymore, but if i copy paste the URL by opening the image in another tab, ending with "https://v5.airtableusercontent.com" it works.

Is it because the servers are under maintance or what?

Kinda lost with the changes about URL expiration, but everything that my clients access is always inside the AirTable content, the extension that pull this URL is to print documents with user signature.

Anyone can help?

Glad to know it's not isolated (sorry, but at least now maybe they will patch/fix it).  Same with me -- it's as if they are still storing it (in fact, the right click, copy image link url actually works incognito as well, so it's not a matter of it being an internal link only).

I don't understand.  Sort of painful.  Asked last week when it happened if they could help identify the issue in my support request. 

It got resolved, but never got an answer as to what happened.

ICT

Hopefully we'll get an answer soon, i need to fix this mess if it's related to deprecated tech....

Yes, same for me as well!  Everything works ok yesterday (for more than 2 hrs
), however, it isn't working even for 2 minutes now.  I tried to upload a file just now but it go with error msg immediately.

Therefore, I think there must be a server issue.

I sort out a way of storing url via google dirve, but if the Airtable attachement URL is not working, I can't set it up. 

Once the dl.xxx link is created, using Gmail API to connect API tools, like Pabbly Connect , which I use.  Then, connect Google Drive to upload the file and obtain the direct download link.  Once u have it, you can update it via Airtable with this more stable link.  By doing so, I only consume 2 charageable steps, which shld be fair enough.

Hope to have it fixed ASAP

ICT

Any news?

You guys saw any previous link working again?mine are all broken

yann_blondel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I'm afraid using Airtable links with other services won't be possible anymore. I feel their communication on this topic is catastrophic, and they should have written to their users multiple times to explain and describe the consequences of this update.

benmuschol
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee
Hi @isaiahmiller97 ! This is an expected side-effect of our changes to airtable attachments. Though the announcement was made months ago, we didn’t start blocking access to public URLs until more recently.In your use-case, it seems like the issue is specific to formula fields. From the post linked above, the URLs in formula fields are no longer publicly accessible:

Formulas that reference attachment fields will not experience any changes in output. However, any attachment links that are output will become invalid and no longer work to access the attachment
For your use-case, the best workaround is likely to use automations integrate with make. In automations, you will have an Expiring Download URL property on attachments which will be publicly accessible (with a 2 hour expiration window.) These URLs are refreshed every time an automation runs, so Make should always be able to access them after the automation triggers.

More broadly, the reason there may be some confusion around when URLs are and are not accessible is because we have two different kinds of URLs now. Any attachment URL which starts with dl.airtable.com is a URL that is no longer supported. For the most part, these URLs should no longer show up in the app, but they are still returned in formula fields due to technical limitations. The v5.airtableusercontent.com URLs are the expiring links which will work for 2 hours before they need to be re-generated. These URLs should be the ones you see in automations and if you right-click on an in-app image to view the link.

Hi, 

I have just created the flwg link but it just showed the same error msg <The link you're trying to visit is not available. Please visit our support center for more information.>: 

https://v5.airtableusercontent.com/v1/16/16/1682740800000/7Y2ErobNyDue2OaDYCxY4w/LP1gecRYpSoBJMyIbld...

Therefore, I have got no medium to transfer to CDN.  Please let us know how to do it?

Tks & Bgds

yann_blondel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I understand that Airtable wants more security and want to lower traffic usage, but now you cannot export your data to a Google sheet or an Excel if you've got attachments. We're jailed inside Airtable and can't produce documents outside of it. We're using Airtable for media management and export tons of documents with thumbs now it's simply not possible.

Agree. Now we have to spend a lot of time on alternative methods. This is the first airtable update I hate.

Can you please explain why a freshly created expiring download URL below goes immediate unavailable?  The same error msg showing up again?

https://v5.airtableusercontent.com/v1/16/16/1682913600000/CPsRXqNr1OoTTp1O76gAYQ/aWPeKEByNzxxo0j6ktA...

Please explain ASAP if it is a bug or policy change, since it is really disturbing for users, especially, you mentioned that it should work for 2 HR, while it go bust right away.

Appreciate yr prompt action and reply on this issue!

shatru
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

i m facing url issue .i have extracted url of all my attachments.and i stored to csv then i send to my users after new version of airtable my all extracted url not working.please help me

Frank_Kroondijk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Try creating a new table as I did and it suddenly worked. (create duplicate with values for e.g.). 

ICT

Bit Necropost:

Fixed my issue by uploading my content on another site.