Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonialeu
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone,

I am using AT for events.

When I sell a ticket to my event it creates a record of the attendee.

Afterwards I would like attendees to be able to fill a form with further details about their profile (eg. dietary restrictions) and whatever they fill gets updated in the same record.

Currently I have 2 options:

1. Attendee select their email from the form (lookup formula) so it stays in the same record but I don't want all attendees to have access to everyone's email

2. I can use a 3rd party like Fillout form that creates a link but currently it is very glitchy.

Are there any other options without using a third party?

Thanks in advanced!

4 Replies 4
Brian_Sweeny
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I absolutely recommend Fillout for this. I use it for events and I don't find it to be glitchy at all. Feel free to schedule a session if you need further assitance!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Using Airtable’s native forms for this is not often recommended because Airtable doesn’t offer any straightforward nor easy way of doing this. But note that if you do use Airtable’s forms, you don’t actually need to have people choose their email from a list… you can just have them type in their email address, and then you can use an automation to find their record.

However, as Brian mentioned above, the #1 best way of doing this is by using Fillout’s advanced forms for Airtable. It works 100% perfectly with no glitches.

Fillout is 100% free and offers hundreds of features that Airtable’s native forms don’t offer, including the ability to update Airtable records with a form , display Airtable lookup fields & Airtable rollup fields & Airtable attachments & formulas on forms, dynamically & conditionally filter linked record fields by any values that you would like, perform math or other live calculations on your forms, accept payments on forms, create multi-page forms with conditional paths, create new linked records on a form, display as many fields as you want to see in a linked record selection list (including attachments), connect a single form to dozens of external apps simultaneously, limit the number of linked records that can be chosen, upload an unlimited amount of attachments simultaneously, add CAPTCHAs to your form, add choice matrixes to your forms, direct integration with hundreds of apps like Calendly & Google Maps on your forms, and so much more.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld

Instead of getting attendees to select their email, get them to type it in.  Then you can have an automation look for that email in your primary table and update the record it finds.  There's a possibility that people might end up typoing their own emails though, so I'd also recommend setting up an action to email you if no record can be found with the email they've keyed in

Yes, that’s what I already said above, nearly verbatim. Again, it is not the recommended approach, but that’s how you would do it if you wanted to take the non-recommended approach.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld