1417 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ross_Campbell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello everyone, I’ve had a look on the forums and haven’t found a mention of this, but is it possible to have air table automatically rename attachments.

For example. If I have a record named Ross and there are four images attached for those images to be named renamed ROSS-1.jpg, ROSS-2.jpg, ROSS-3.jpg, ROSS-4.pg?

Thanks so much!

13 Replies 13

It might be possible to pull this off with the help of Zapier or Integromat, though I’m still new to those services, so I’m not 100% sure if either of them will let you rename attachments.

M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Ross_Campbell

If you are interested to go the route of Integtomat, there is a Facebook group that you can post questions. I find that it’s cheaper then Zapier.

Here is the link:

https://m.facebook.com/home.php

Take a look and see what you think.

Mary

@M_k That link is to the Facebook home page optimized for mobile, not directly to the group to which you referred. A quick search led me to this:

Peter_Paulhart
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also searching for a solution to automatically rename attachments. The filename should be generated from other fields content.

Trevor_Haynes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would also be interested in this for the following use case:
Receipt Tracking

1. Uploads attachment (either from computer or by taking a photo)
  2. In one field - I manually record the full price (Eg $100.00)
  3. In another field - I manually record/select (Eg. Airtable, LLC)
  4. In another field - I Manually record/select expense type (EG. ecommerce)

Then, I would like the attachment to be copied to a new field with the following filename:
“100.00_Airtable, LLC_ecommerce”
(Or something simialr)

It appears that I would need to use a service like Zapier or Integromat to accomplish this.

Bonus Point - After the file name is created it sends a copy of the renamed file to a google drive folder

I’m looking for this too - does anyone know if this will be possible with a Script?

This is definitely doable. I’ve helped at least one person set up such a system. I think the code might be elsewhere in the forum, but unfortunately I don’t have time to search for it at the moment.

Thanks justin i’ll keep looking, I searched the forum, but couldn’t find anything.
If you stumble upon it let me know.

My bad. I just remembered that this was a script that I wrote for a client, not something I’d posted to the forum. Sorry! :frowning:

Do you of your top of your head help direct me to how I can access the attachment name?

Here’s the info on how attachments can be set/retrieved by the scripting API.

Thank you @Justin_Barrett I thought I had been looking apparently not!!!

Zvi
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I came across this issue a while ago trying to rename attachments based on record fields. And I didn’t find a simple way to do it in Airtable without digging into the script’s code. So I created a (paid) extension to assist with renaming multiple attachments at once based on the records fields, ZekTec - Airtable Extensions, hope this can help anyone that is facing this in the future :slightly_smiling_face: