2218 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lisa_Altizer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello I have a column for my item cost and a column with the sales tax I paid. I want to create a formula in the third column that calculates my cost x sales tax percentage and then add the answer to the cost to get total cost. I did Cost * {Tax %} and get an error.

7 Replies 7
Ptt_Pch
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Did you get an #Error as result of your formula ? Was the result erroneous (not the right result) or the formula did simply not work and you couldn’t save your formula field?

I’m simply asking because there is a bug in calculations with a percent

Yes I get an error. my goal is to get the total cost with the sales tax.

I quickly tried this formula :

Cost+Cost/100*{Tax %}

Which gave something looking like this :
45F25DEA-DF1B-4F57-B5B7-FFA0D3976A99.jpeg

Was this what you were looking for ?
(The Cost*Tax% field was just there to verify the math :winking_face: )
The Total Cost is formatted as “Currency”. The Cost is /100 To go around the bug with calculations with percentage.

Thank you very much this solved my problem

Greg_Noonan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Would it be possible to make the percentage vary based on the item belonging to a certain category?

lidericq
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I made a check stub for this.

lidericq
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Before, I used to do all this work in Excel, but over time, I realized that it is a waste of time and that there are very good alternatives. I already don’t even remember what formulas I use, and that’s why, unfortunately, I can’t help you with this. But instead, I recommend you make a pay stub. All the fees and taxes you pay on an online pay stub will also be calculated there. It is very simple. All you need is a pay stub generator, and within 2 minutes, your pay stub is ready. I recommend you to try it.