cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ann_Boes
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi,
I would like to include a video as an attachment. The videos are not currently hosted anywhere online, they would be uploaded from my phone.
Ann

31 Replies 31

You’re welcome.

Well, it actually works this way if you don’t store the videos as attachments, right? But I agree, a nice improvement might be for operations involving attachments to leverage the known mime-types available in the browser.

Yep - I believe we [presently] pay for a reasonable amount of storage and we have ample ability to access that storage; promise made, promise delivered.

And/or - consider the entire scope of your business requirements and plan accordingly because it’s unlikely Airtable will ever become a streaming media service.

Adam_Kramer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

While I know this isn’t exactly the solution you’re looking for, it might be the next best thing – Airtable just released the URL Preview Block which allows you to quickly preview the contents of links to media, like videos and music.

Perhaps the best flow would be to upload to YouTube instead, and link the videos in Airtable? Seems like it would be more useful overall, since you’re going to need to upload them at some point anyway, right? You can use some automation to help (setup a “Watch My Videos” for YouTube, and “Create Record” for Airtable).