Help

Re: Can't view ".mov" files for attachment?

1216 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Piano_Sensei
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Which video file types are supported for attachments? When I upload a “.mov” file, and I view it, it says it’s unsupported and I can’t view the video. I can only download it. But with “.mp4” it’s fine. Screen Shot 2020-09-01 at 6.33.49 PM

4 Replies 4

You’ll probably need to email support@airtable.com to ask them about this. Please post back here and let us know what they say!

Thanks, I will. By the way, it doesn’t work on Brave, Chrome, or Opera browsers, but it works on Firefox and Safari. Unfortunately, I don’t use those, so it’s frustrating . . .

Very odd that it doesn’t work on Chrome, since that is the world’s most popular browser.

Piano_Sensei
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Update: support said

When it comes to a browser supported video formats like mp4 or .mov, this is entirely controlled by the browser. After a quick search on Google, I was able to find additional information on this matter. It looks like .MOV is a video format created by Apple and one that is “outdated” in terms of architecture on HTML5. This is where you would see issues with viewing .MOV video formats on Airtable, since we only support HTML5 formatted videos. If you can view videos on Safari and Firefox, I would suggest only using those two browsers to access Airtable, knowing that you may have quite a few .MOV formatted videos. Another approach would be to use our [URL field] and have your form users share a link to the video file, rather than uploading the video directly to Airtable."

So this is frustrating because I either have to view the airtable on Firefox or Safari (which I don’t even use) or upload as mp4. The problem is that I’m sharing the form and the gallery view, so I have no idea what other people will use or have. . . .