Help

Can you combine like information into one card in card view?

782 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deko
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

So I have a list of companies and their products. In order to let users add companies and products, I have to have a record for each. Example:

one

Is it possible, in card view, to show only one card per company, but have all that companies products on that card? As opposed to one card for each record? (Having 10 Company A cards with one product on each card).

I need random people with the link to be able to add companies and products and the above grid view is the only way I can figure out how to do it with a form.

So that it goes from this:
two

To something like this:
three

2 Replies 2

Yes, you will need to create another table for your products, and then create a linked record field in your companies table that links to the appropriate products for each company.

I don’t think that is going to work. If I am understanding what you are saying, I would have to create a new “column” for each company to put the products into. You can’t create columns aka fields using a form. And even if I did that, I would have to manually change all the “linking” every time some added a company and their product line.

I am creating a large database. The initial amount of information that is being entered is a lot. Once most of the information is entered, there will only be a few entries every once in a while. This information needs to be as automatic as possible.

Giving access to individuals is impossible, as collectors all over the world are adding to this database, which is why I need the form option.

If I could create a multiselect field from a column from another table…that would work? I don’t know. :confused: I might have to look for a different product.