Help

Re: Can you connect Airtable and Trello without Zapier (or any other paid service)?

745 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DavidPonder
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would like to know if it possible to link Airtable and Trello without Zapier or any other paid service?

I have searched through 'Extensions' in Airtable for anything with the word Trello without success.

The only post I found was back in 2016 and of course points you to Zapier.

https://community.airtable.com/t5/other-questions/trello-airtable-nirvana-of-project-management/m-p/...

While I have nothing against Zapier (I am sure it's a great tool) but in my simple small personal case it would be an another unwarranted expense having to pay for this.

I am guessing there is no other alternative and building a custom extension would (I assume, pls correct me if I am wrong) would require more knowledge of proper coding, it would be great if it didnot.

Thanks in advance for any solutions and good insight.

Kind regards

David.

3 Replies 3

Hey there,

Airtable doesn't have a native Trello integration as you've discovered. You could look at Make.com, another popular automation platform. They do have a Free tier, and if you need more, their pricing is more suitable for smaller needs and budgets.

https://www.make.com/en/integrations/trello

Hi @Hannah_Wiginton 

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply and especially about the useful tip about Make.com (formerly Integromat, which I had heard of but never knew much about) so this is very useful.

It does look like there is a little learning but when isn't there these days with technology 😉 it's all part of the fun, I just need to focus my enthusiam. 

Make looks very powerful and better than Zapier for my purposes so I will have to spend a little time to learn how to use it. But more so think a bit more about the specific processes / interactions I want, need to create between Airtable and Trello.

I think short of anything else comparable coming along that is also realistically affordable I think this is likely a good solution - although I need to test it out a little first before I pull the trigger to say I'll accept as the solution.

I most likely would it's just my lack of knowledge and experience with Make but watching some initial Intro videos it looks good, just need some time to practice.

So many thanks for the great tip.

Kind regards

David

There are many Airtable consultants who use Make, so it's a nice option to have.

Good luck!