Help

Compare 2 fields in two tables (same base)

3596 22
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matej_Mudrik
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello here,
i am trying to find solution for simple action, but i cannot find it
so the situation:

table 1
product (unique)
EAN (= barcode)

table 2
barcode (from scanner)
result (checkbox)

what i wish to do:
scan with barcode, save the number to table 2 (=fill the value in barcode)
compare the value from table 2 with EAN in table 1
if the result is true, make checkbox on,
if false, leave the field not checked

so is there any way to do it with formula ?
Thanks for answer and forgive me mine english, and programming skills (noob forever :slightly_smiling_face:

22 Replies 22

i dont think, that i give wrong thing into dynamic - it shows the value (as help), but look at it… i think i have found the problem, but will look at it tomorow - will test it and say write, what i have found (or what i have tryied and didnot work :slightly_smiling_face:

so… i have found solution for my error in automation.
Its not the solution, which says “this is bad”, but its the solution “go around” == i dont know whats wrong, but if i do it this way, it will be functional as i wish/need"
so the problem is in this step:
and the description is
which says “invalid filter on EAN”
its not invalid filter on EAN (maybe it is on server side), but the solution i found is in the conditions:

i noticed, that if i wrote somehing into ean-scanned, it beggins to run the automation even before i end up filling the field (= i have some numbers in this field, but not all actually) and it runs even when it is not filled (no enter added, still in “edit field”)

so the problem in fact is not in the ACTION, but in trigger

wrong one (gives good result ONLY when run as test== automation failed):

good one : (ofc better one, not really the best) == automation run in automode and gives the results i wish:

so the problem was in me (as i think at beginning)

i have send this to support at airtable, so i give them this as solution.

@Alexey_Gusev many thanks for your patience and time - was really helpfull for me
@all : sorry for mine english

Airtable is aware of this issue and this is how automations are designed, so it is unlikely to change anytime soon. If the trigger is that a field is not empty, that field is considered not empty at the first keystroke.