Help

Re: Control fields showing in preview of search block for multiple tables?

Solved
Jump to Solution
471 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alta_Technologi
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a Search block that’s set to check three tables in our base. Two are formatted similarly (both are a kind of inventory), while the third tracks duplicates between the other two.

What determines which fields (other than the name) show up in these preview cards in the search block when multiple tables are being queried?

The fields shown do not match the order of the fields in the tables queried, and they’re not in alphabetical order.

I’ve already found this question and it does not address my issue:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Alta_Technologi

From Airtable:

I was able to confirm with our engineers that the field order for the search app is determined by the order in which the fields were created.

[I ask if there’s a way to change this]

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to manipulate the fields. I’m sorry for the current limitations with changing the order of the fields in the search app. I can see how it would be helpful to be able to change the order or designate which fields show in the Search app. I’ve shared your vote for the idea with our team, and you can keep track of new product updates / feature releases at our What’s new page

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

Hi @Alta_Technologies

I have no idea and since there is no one else answering your question, you could email Airtable via support@airtable.com and ask them directly. And please let us know their answer :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks! I’ve just done that and will get back to y’all with what they say.

Alta_Technologi

From Airtable:

I was able to confirm with our engineers that the field order for the search app is determined by the order in which the fields were created.

[I ask if there’s a way to change this]

Unfortunately, it isn’t possible to manipulate the fields. I’m sorry for the current limitations with changing the order of the fields in the search app. I can see how it would be helpful to be able to change the order or designate which fields show in the Search app. I’ve shared your vote for the idea with our team, and you can keep track of new product updates / feature releases at our What’s new page