cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Jensen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello,
I am importing multiple values from zapier that are separated by a comma. I would like for them to be imported as an entire column as oppose to multiple values separated by a comma in a single cell.
As seen in the image
Screen Shot 2021-04-07 at 1.13.53 PM

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Alex_Jensen! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: I don’t use Zapier much, but my understanding is that most operations work on individual records. If you need to split a collection of items across multiple records, I think that Zapier has some tools to make that happen, but I’m not sure what they are. Maybe some others here can help? @ScottWorld @openside (I’m drawing a blank on who our resident Zapier experts are; feel free to tag others!)

I’m not sure how or if this can be done in Zapier, but this is extremely easy to do with Integromat.

You can use Integromat’s split function in conjunction with the Iterator module to separate all the values by whatever separator you specify — in this case, a comma.

And then, you can do whatever you want with each value — for example, creating a new record in Airtable for each value.

Below is a screenshot of what the scenario might look like, and then I zoomed in on the Iterator module so you can see what I did there.

(I used “set variable” as my first module to set a variable called $test with a comma-separated list of text, but your first module would be the input of wherever you’re getting your data from.)

p.s. If you need to hire an Airtable Consultant & Integromat Partner to help you with this, feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com. (The Integromat links contain my Partner Referral Code.)

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 9.31.50 PM

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 9.32.14 PM

Looks like this can also be done with Zapier’s looping tool, although Zapier requires a paid account to use it. Integromat’s Iterator tool is free.