Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Converting Time from hours and minutes to decimal hours for rate calculating

Solved
Jump to Solution
5214 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ted_Willett
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All! First time in the community. I’ll have a bunch of questions but wanted to know if there’s an easy way to do a formula to convert a duration field from hh:mm (hours and minutes) to hh.hh (hours with a decimal)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Ted_Willett! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Internally, duration fields store entered time as a whole number representing the number of seconds. So if the hh:mm display shows 1:00 (1 hour), the internal value is actually 3600. To get hours with fractions, divide that duration field by 3600, and make sure the field formatting displays as a decimal value.

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Welcome to the community, @Ted_Willett! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: Internally, duration fields store entered time as a whole number representing the number of seconds. So if the hh:mm display shows 1:00 (1 hour), the internal value is actually 3600. To get hours with fractions, divide that duration field by 3600, and make sure the field formatting displays as a decimal value.

wow - how simple - thanks for not making fun of me - my newb is showing!