11664 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rebecca_Povio
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello. I have a table with a field I want to copy and paste into a new table. Seems like a simple thing to do, yet I cannot find out how. Any insight? Much appreciated.

13 Replies 13
AV_VC
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Was playing around and I think I might have found a way to copy over the following:

Field name, field type & options (if multi-select), and field data

In my existing table that I want to paste into, I scrolled all the way over to the right and created a dummy field that was just named a, type single line text.

I went to the table I'm copying from, and copied multiple pieces of field data from 5-6 columns. I only clicked on the data from a record, not the whole column and the field name.

I then clicked over to the final table, and put my cursor in the dummy field (a) *and* in a new record, so one line below any of the existing data. After ctrl-V, the data, field name, and field types all showed up, to my surprise.

Hope this might help other folks searching for the same answer!

Edited to say: The field types did not include any formulas, lookup, etc. I'm guessing these would not copy over well, but the multi-select options, numbers with formatting, text fields, dates, all worked for me.

sistemas_urbita
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, if you are trying (as I was) to copy a single select field with many option to a different table, you'll need to change the field type to multi-select first.

Here's a step-by-step:

• Change field type to multi-select
  • Click on the header and copy with Ctrl-C
  • Go to the other table, select the header of the column you want to paste it into
  • Paste with Ctrl-V
  • Change both fields back to single select

Hope it helps

This worked!  You just saved me an hour of work.  Thank you AV_VC.

GENIUS!!! Worked PERFECTLY. Thank you so much for sharing.