480 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I have clients grouped as you can see(company name). What I want to get is NOT the count as you see at the end of each client’s name, but rather just the count of the number of clients. Does that make sense? How might I do this?
The reason is, I need a count per week of the number of clients, and not just the number of “classes” they’ve received.

5 Replies 5

I’m guessing that each course is assigned a date. In that course table, add a formula field that outputs the calendar week of the course: WEEKNUM(Date).

In this table, add a rollup field to bring that date over, using the MAX(values) aggregation formula. Now you can filter the view to only show records for a given week. (If you’re already doing this type of week filtering, then ignore everything up to this point.)

I’m seeing a slight hint of color behind your masking, so I’m guessing that {Company Name} is a link field. If so, add a lookup field that looks up the company name from the linked record. It might feel redundant, but this next step won’t work with a link field: click on the summary bar for that company name field—the lookup field that you just made—and choose “Unique”. This will give you a count of unique names in that field, indicating how many companies took classes in the filtered week. (The “Unique” option isn’t available for linked record fields, which is why the lookup is needed.)

Perfecto. I’ll try that. I do have a week, and year field that calculates the #week, e.g. current week is 0, previous week 1, next week -1 etc.
yes, you were correct on the company name, no color, the color you’re seeing is the status of their training.
Have a great week.

Sean_Lake1
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

In this table, add a rollup field to bring that date over, using the MAX(values) aggregation formula. Now you can filter the view to only show records for a given week.
I am actually already filtering based on the “current week” field, which works great. I’m not sure I’m following along with the rollup field, and the “bring that date over”??
I think I might have it, but we’ll see LOL. Thanks though for the help.
I’m hoping at some point there will be a nice way to display the clients for that week in the new interfaces so that I can “list” the names for that week similar to how the count numbers look in the interfaces.

Sorry, my mistake. I meant “bring that week number over”. It looks like you’re using other means to get the course date into that table and calculate the week number from there, but it looks like quite a collection of fields. That can probably be optimized if you want to trim the field count. Give a holler if so.